EPRI’s Radio Frequency Monitor Suite for Transmission Assets
The EPRI Radio Frequency (RF) Monitor Suite is a collection of monitors that provide information on the health of a range of transmission line and substation assets. Our RF Monitors communicate wirelessly to a base station that relays the information to EPRI- or utility- hosted servers which enable stakeholders to view asset health information. The system can trigger alerts and alarms through advanced analytics.
EPRI’s RF Monitors
Monitors are developed for a growing range of transmission line and substation assets. Our quality-tested RF Monitors:
- Measure parameters relevant to each asset type and the underlying failure modes and degradation
- Are mechanically designed to be easily installed on each type of monitored asset
- Power harvest or are battery powered for more than a decade of battery life
- Contain imbedded algorithms to translate measured data to applicable metrics
- Can provide raw data on request (depending on monitor type)
Our RF monitors are developed in collaboration with EPRI member utilities to identify and apply lessons learned through use cases. In addition, we continually test our monitors in EPRI laboratories to ensure the accuracy and applicability of measurements, as well as understand and improve the life expectancy.
|RF Monitor installs||Data updated: 01/2022|
|Sites being actively monitored by EPRI||57|
|Number of RF Monitors installed||541|
|Number of utilities with installations||22|